Monday, November 20, 2006

The perfect game

All the adventures in MMo world got me wondering what the perfect game would be.
For me the perfect game would look a lot like WOW, just with additions.


From SWG it would add the crafting system that that game had at the start. It would have the variety of professions and the ability to custom build and rebuild your template that SWG had at the start. Finally, it would add the level of character customization that I loved so much.


From EQ2, it would add the housing system, the betrayal quest, and the scaling dungeons.


From Second Life and Entropia, it would add the real life currency conversion. There will always be buyers and sellers as long as there are games...might as well have it as a feature.


Other qualities would be strong customer support, GM's in game enforcing the rules (especially on RP server types), player events that actually changed the world, multiple outcomes or ways to complete quests.
Last I would add a community that worked together to make the game fun for everyone, that was there to help, to compete, to challenge and to enjoy the created world together.


That's my vision of a perfect MMO. I'm sure there are things I left out. But its a good start. :)

No comments: